Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
Restricted
NXP
Linking FTA to Safety Model
medini_1055920722
I was trying to link FTA events to Safety Model in Medini. After Creating FTA, I was trying to link the events to Safety Model. I clicked the below option and selected the safety element from the dialog box (for eg: Cache controller). The tool shows the linking but when I delete the safety element (Cache controller) from safety model. It doesn't delete the FTA event. Is this intentional ? as this doesn't happen when we drag safety element over FTA and then link the event, in this case while deleting the safety element FTA event also gets deleted.
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
medini_1023909254
Hi Aditya, when you use drag&drop of an architecture element into the FTA it is in fact creating two connections between the FTA event and the architecture: The general represents relation (as shown in your screenshot) The relation expressing that the probability shall be calculated based on the exponential model and to take the failure rate from the represented element. (And doing changes here would also update the represents relation) When deleting the architecture element, only those events are deleted which have both relations set! So in case you want to relate an existing FTA event, I would recommend to define this directly in the Probability tab by selecting the Exponential Model and selecting the appropriate architecture element in "Use Rate From". One additional remark: medini will create MOE's only in case you create the event by dragging an event more than once from the model browser into your FTA. Manual setting of the Represents/Use Rate From will not check whether such an event already exists. For that reason I highly recommend to use drag&drop Best regards, Eckhardt
All comments
medini_1023909254
Hi Aditya, when you use drag&drop of an architecture element into the FTA it is in fact creating two connections between the FTA event and the architecture: The general represents relation (as shown in your screenshot) The relation expressing that the probability shall be calculated based on the exponential model and to take the failure rate from the represented element. (And doing changes here would also update the represents relation) When deleting the architecture element, only those events are deleted which have both relations set! So in case you want to relate an existing FTA event, I would recommend to define this directly in the Probability tab by selecting the Exponential Model and selecting the appropriate architecture element in "Use Rate From". One additional remark: medini will create MOE's only in case you create the event by dragging an event more than once from the model browser into your FTA. Manual setting of the Represents/Use Rate From will not check whether such an event already exists. For that reason I highly recommend to use drag&drop Best regards, Eckhardt
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of