Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
Restricted
NXP
Font scaling in exported SVG diagrams
medini_1025405396
Hello, We see a strange effect with diagrams exported from medini. The exported diagrams look fine actually. However, we are using them in a Dita based document flow to generate PDF documents. in the resulting PDF, some texts are cut off at the end. We did some investigation already. For all labels, a white box is generated in SVG around the text. The size of the box depends on the size of the text. As it seems, some font scaling artifact leads to boxes being smaller than the text. With this, the box overlays the end of the text and makes it invisible. A potential cause could be in different font versions being used for SVG generation and for further processing. Can you help to check * if the generation of the boxes could be suppressed, and * what fonts are used for SVG generation (system installed fonts? any other font library?) Attached files: An SVG file that triggers the issue and a PNG screenshot showing the same diagram as it comes out of the PDF generation. Best regards Ralph
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
All comments
medini_1024169437
Hello Ralph, a few comments on this indeed very strange issue: the GMF diagram export is currently using BATIK 1.6 (more precisely I used Inkscape to find the mentioned white box but could not find it, only svg:text elements, could you elaborate a bit on that and post an example? there are references to certain clip-paths, is that maybe what you referring to? or at least that could be a cause for the issue, right? no idea yet about BATIK font usage or Java, I at least could see that the BATIK PDF generator has some font stuff inside (for FOP) I do not think that GMF itself uses different font and the SVG does not embed fonts so since all look good in Inkscape (assuming that uses system fonts) I guess the BATIK PDF generator needs some configuration and BATIK uses Apache FOP internally, this article I found related Thanks Jan
medini_1025405396
Hello Jan, Thanks for the information. I will check the BATIK version used on our side. Regarding the boxes: Yes, it is the clip-path and not a white box. Sorry, I remembered this wrongly. When I open the SVG in a text editor and manually remove the clip-path reference from the text element, the issue is gone and the full text is visible in the PDF. Greetings Ralph
medini_1024169437
Ok. I tried to google a bit to find out who generates those clip paths and how to disable them or whether they are known to be buggy, but so far no success. I will continue... Jan
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of