Hello,
I have the following errors during Birt generation. Any idea of what would be the cause?
Reports seems to be correctly generated but it takes more time, and I think it is linked to these errors.
Romain, I had those as well in the past but do not clearly remember any fix. I doubt that this is affecting performance though. I think whenever you do this "row[x].getObject()" in a computed column or other script and directly return this object instead of computing something, you get this log.
Jan
ok thx.
Hello Jan,
Can we use this console to publish status and log during report generation? If yes, how it works?
The idea is to know which part of the generation takes lot of time compaired to those which are not significant.
Thx
Hi Romain, sorry I was OOO for 2 months, so could not reply earlier. There is still no nice way to log such information I'm afraid. What I soemtimes did in the past was just to throw an exception with some text and that exception is shown at the end of the report generation. However, its just a hack as the generation is aborted when you throw an exception so can be used only in rare cases.
Not exactly what you are looking for... I mean you also could generate these information directly into the report, right?
thx for your reply. Not exactly what I am looking for ;-)
Romain, I double checked an I think I was wrong: I double checked and it is indeed possible to log messages to the normal JS script console also from BIRT reports since a while (if I am not mistaken, since 21.2). So simply use console.log() / console.info() or console.error() in any of your BIRT scripts.
Happy Reporting