Hi All,
I have a generated fault tree and I'm getting this error when I try to run "Evaluate Fault Tree":
What does this error mean and how can I address it?
Hi Thomas,
I assume that the fault tree is the result of your FTA scripting trials mentioned here, right? With scripting, you can do more things with the fault tree model than with the user interface, and can thus also generate non-computable fault trees.
Events are recognized by medini as "INTERMEDIATE" (this is a derived state, cannot be manually set), if they have one or more children (inputs).
MOEs (Multiple Occurring Events) are events with multiple event nodes - i.e. they are/can be used multiple times in the fault tree, still being the same event.
MOEs are only allowed at the leaf level (basic event), so no children are allowed. Your script probably created an MOE and then for one or many of the event nodes added children to it, so that you now have an INTERMEDIATE MOE. That's not computable in medini. If you want to re-use complete sub-trees, then you'll have to use transfer gates instead.
You may try using Check Consistency to get more individual hints on where the tree is inconsistent, otherwise please directly check your code.
Happy Scripting,
Nils
Hi Nils,
Yes this is part of what I'm currently trying to automate. In this post I didn't have any transfer gates while in the one you referenced I did. I was trying to isolate my issues so that I can address them one at a time.
With regards to eventNodes, the way I currently have things set up is that using the scripts I specify the event that I want to create, and then I create an eventNode based on that. This was so that I could build the connections as I was originally running into issues with this before and the workaround was to specify eventNodes for every event. Is this also the reason why none of my events are being automatically changed to intermediate?
This is the error that I get when I try to connect events as opposed eventNodes:
What is the workaround for this error then if I'm not supposed to be using eventNodes for intermediate events?
Creating an event always automatically creates an event node with it. Connections then have to be done on the (automatically created) event nodes (event.nodes). That's how I typically do it in my FTA scripts. Not 100% sure how it behaves directly creating nodes (although I would guess it's also ok).
If your event has multiple nodes (MOE) and then at least one node has an input (child), then this is an inconsistent model and medini might not show INTERMEDIATE as effectiveKind. Otherwise an event with a single event node should be recognized as INTERMEDIATE as soon as it has an input.
If you still cannot get the script correctly running, maybe you share the code here so that we could have a quick look at it.
I didn't know that the nodes were automatically created as well when an event was created... that actually makes a ton of sense now thanks!