Hi
I'm attempting to display which component has been allocated a function. I get the error "Featureallocation not found in EClass SysMLActivity". How do I access this information from the function? All other fields work.
Thanks
Reece, there is no allocation feature directly, you probably have to use "dependencies" or even "relationships" (because an allocation is described by a SysMLAbstraction dependency relation.
Jan
Hi Jan
Thanks for the response but have another question
How do you access the dependency net for a given function? I could be completely blind but don't see it within the attributes of a function. It is useful to put in reports as an image.
Hi Reece, you mean, the diagram? Currently its not possible to render a failure net diagram into a report.
These diagrams are generated dynamically and there is no diagram file behind, I'm sorry,
Hi Jan,
I did mean the diagram yes - that is unfortunate. But thanks for the update!Just wondering is there ever a plan for it to be a diagram file/accessible? Would be very useful for our reports! (But understand it may be niche).
Reece
Hi Reece,
yes, there were plans and we see the need, however, there are some obstacles in the way, one is the mentioned missing diagram file.
For BIRT we even more have to think on a way to get them rendered.
How about your use case, do you need snapshots of these failure nets, a user wants to "save" beforehand or always the latest dynamic view on the net?
If the second, what is the starting point, a dedicated cause/effect, as you manually select when opening the net or ...?
Any insights will help.
Apologies for the late response
We ideally need snapshots yes, currently our way of producing these are by saving the dependency net as an image file and copying them into a report. It's not the most complex procedure but if you have many nets it can take a while. If it were possible to have a way to loop over each function within a folder and produce a screenshot of the dependency net, then it would save a lot of time and create a uniform layout. I would assume if you can loop over the functions any updates you make to the dependency net will be captured when you re-run the report.
As an example:
Would we then also need the means to configure the display settings via script, or should always be the current/latest setting be used (which is at least identical for all dependency nets)? The latter might end up in a different report view, if somebody uses another view in between.
Cheers,
Nils
Hi Nils
At least for our case the latter would make sense. The former would be a nice to have but probably not necessary. Although the issue you have brought up with the latter I can't personally seen how that can be done - when running the reporting tool, Medini locks me out from editing.
If the dependency nets can be produced in a consistent configuration, then that is all we truly need.
Thanks Reece,
we will check the feasibility a bit closer but my gut feeling is that this should be possible.
Stay tuned.
Just wondering if there is any update on this topic?
To jump onto another topic, are there any plans to use m2doc for Excel?
You mean on the Dependency Net reporting? I think this is on the plan, but will still take some time. Jan to comment later on with any more detail (currently off).
On Excel as an output format, M2Doc is not prepared for it, and there are no plans to use it for that. We're more heading towards exporting a good data source and then using Excel/VBA (more people will be able to master that) to get the data into custom formats.
Regards,
Hi Nils,
Thanks for the update. Not a problem, will await Jan to be back. Thanks also for the information about M2doc
Well, from my side not really an update. I thought that this should be feasible and somewhat easy to achieve but after some internal discussion it seems that its not. So I do not see that we will have this in short or even mid term, I'm sorry to tell.