Hello,
I ma currently exploring options to create customized DC worksheet report using BIRT extension since the standalone BIRT installation is not working correctly for me.
I would like to achieve is to extend report with information on
- Failure Rate data info of analyzed model Elements
catalog info ( variables, standard,...)
- Mission Profile summary ( working phases/cycles as a separted table
- Coverage report per individual safety goal/Variant ( in case individual metrics are enabled)
- Safety mechanism and covered SPF/LF elements
- Safety mechanisms summary including Elements Implementing the SM
- Sorted SPF/LF FIT contributors per safety goal ( individual metrics enabled)
Short introduction
I have started form the available dc_report and try to update the DS inside teh report with new medini worksheet meta-model properties (variants, getSpfMetcirc (goal,variant) ,...) etc...
Unfortunately I encountered an issue I was forced to do the updates directly in the XML because once I opened up the DS dialog I go error regarding unavailable oda data source ... and as a result all output,and computed columns got "cleaned" So i have
to reopen the report without saving changes and go inside the XML
directly

org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.OdaDataException: Cannot open the connection for the driver: org.eclipse.emf.oda.ecore.dataSource.
org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.OdaException ;
org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.impl.ResourceSetImpl$1DiagnosticWrappedException: org.eclipse.core.internal.resources.ResourceException: Resource '/Airbag/.project.medini' does not exist.
I think I need your expert advice primarily with topic 1) and 2) becasue I beilive they are directly linked with a need to have a new dataset. Examples:
- ElementMissionProfileDS
- WorkPhasesOfMissonProfileDS,WorkCyclesOfMissonProfileDS
- FailureRateDataDS,
- VariantsOfWorksheetDS
I think that DS is a only option here because from what i have seen so far only a DataSet can be used to Bind data inside Table/ List BIRT element. But If you know a better approach I am open to any other alternatives instead of using DS if possible Remaining topics are linked more or less with the BIRT reporting elements and their configuration so there I could investigate on my own.
I tired to setup a new DS using GUI but I cannot get through the the first window since the context selection is greed out and required before proceeding with next steps.

I was thinking to copy one of the existing DataDets available inside of report and changing the DataSet context,query,output columns in the properties editor or directly in XML -> but i don't feel very comfortable doing it as I am very green with BIRT.
Thanks in advance for any response and suggestions!
Regards,
Marian