Hi,
I am currently trying to use my report on larger diagrams but they don't fit on the page. They look like this.What do I have to do to make them fit?
Thanks
Reece
Reece,
I think you stumbled over a small bug in the flexisoko.js script. To actaully scale an image, the library requires the master page bounds. In my version it looks for "Simple Master Page" but the master page is "Simple MasterPage" so you either fix the name of the master page or the script, looks for something like
findMasterPage("Simple Master Page")
and fix to
findMasterPage("Simple MasterPage")
Jan
Hi Reece, is this your own report template or a default one?
My own
There are two ways I think. The data source that generates the images should normally check their size and ask the user to scale them down if they are too big.
Second, the image element on your design should allow you to scale it to the page size so the image does not exceed the page width. Did you try that?
Happy Reporting
Hi JanI haven't tried that, but where is that setting. I'm using the "Text - Figure" as part of the flexiko minimal library.
The first way doesn't happen so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Ah, now I get the point, its FLEXSIKO, not plain BIRT. That's a bit different because the FLEXSIKO library renders the image and just inserts it using HTML, bit for tricky here to scale the image, I would have to check myself.
Thanks Jan, that was it!
On this again. With certain diagrams, it would be good to put the larger ones on a landscape page. How would I go about this?
I'm assuming it'll be something within the flexsiko.js file. But I'm struggling to follow the structure of the code.
Well, that part you would have to do in the report design, FLEXSIKo is not able to automatically select a different master page per element.
I dont think you have to scan/edit the code, thats indeed not the way it was supposed to be, quite the contrary, FLEXISKO was prepared to ease the pain that BIRT imposes on you.
A question to the community: did anyone successfully use different master pages with FLEXSIKO? I mean mixing landscape and portrait?