Hello,
I am trying to handle the following scenario.
In Medini, I organized the requirements in order to have the following structure by applying the “Subrequirement Relation” (you can find ax example into the attached sample project):
1st Level Requirement
2nd Level Requirement
3rd Level Requirement
In this way, I can get a requirements database easier to be navigated, according to a requirements grouping logic.
Now, I am trying to render the same into a custom report in BIRT, exploiting the subrequirement relation itself.
Instead of manually creating paragraphs and sub-paragraphs, I would like to have an automatic organization of the report in paragraphs and sub-paragraphs, based on the hierarchical structure settled into the Requirements Model, above-described, in Medini.
I created a dataset of requirements for each level and I used the nested lists:
the list of the very 1st level is binded to the requirements dataset,
the 2nd level list is binded to sub-requirements datasets,
the 3rd level list is binded to the subsub-requirements and so on (at least I have 3 levels of depth into my requirements models, but often also 4 levels).
Then, I used some filters in order to render the father-son requirements relation into a paragraph-subparagraph layout inside the report:
For the very 1st level, I used the filtering condition: “if the Container is null”, since the highest level requirements are not related to any other reqs so the container property is null (and it works)
For the subsequent levels, I used the filtering condition: “(row._outer["subReqID"].split(" ")).indexOf(row["identifier"])> -1”, where subReqID is a string new column including all the SubRequirements Identifiers related to a certain father requirement. The result is:
for the 2nd level, it works
for the 3rd level, it works only for the first iteration of the list into the subsub-requirements dataset.
Do you have any other ideas to get my report in this way or any suggestions to solve the problems faced in the approach I tried?
Thank you in advance.