Sometimes you want to have links inside the document, for example in your custom content table or just within the text. BIRT supports that by the notion of "Bookmarks" (to define anchors for links) and "Hyperlinks" to actually define the link. I tried to show the usage in a simple example that you find attached.
First I created a very simply structure in the report with a few headings and random text.

For each Heading in the report I added a unique bookmark string, a fixed one.
Just select the report item and go to he "Bookmark" tab in the "Properties Editor"

As you can see, I defined the bookmark as a fixed string. There is also the possibility to define dynamic bookmarks, if the report item is within a table or list.
I added a plain section with hyperlinks next. I used labels but could be also text or other stuff (images). Select the label and open the "Hyperlink" tab:


he hyperlink is initially of course empty. Hit the "Edit" button and select "Internal Bookmark", then chose from the dropdown:

BIRT will render that as a Hyperlink that navigates to the chapter heading when clicked:

Happy Reporting
Jan