hello
Is there any way to change the setting of FMEDA ("individual metrics") by scripting ?
I have multiple safety goals
and I want to get SPFM, LFM in one DC worksheet by scripting
Thank you
Best regards, Min Song
Hi Min Song,
jut to make clear: You want to evaluate/determine the metrics for each safety goal individually in the worksheet - that's correct? Or do you just have multiple safety goals for the worksheet but they are all evaluated in the same way (in that case nothing special is required)?
And I assume also that you fill in data into the FMEDA by a script ...
Basically you would need to set the property individualMetrics of the DCWorksheet to true. I would highly recommend to do this after the worksheet has been created and (derived from/associated with an architecture) and the safety goals have been added to the FMEDA too - but before any further information is added (e.g. "Is safety related", Safety Mechnisms, coverage ...).
Also keep in mind that for the individual metrics you need to use different attributes for DC Component Entry (e.g. safetyRelatedFor instead of safetyRelated) and for DCFailureModeEntry which has an attribute evaluatedFor listing all Safety Goals for which it has the same evaluation (and in case a failure has different SP/LF evaluations for different safety goals, there would also be multiple DCFailureModeEntry which refer to that failure mode.
Actually creating all this by a script can be a significant effort and does require a deep understanding of the FMEDA data structure of medini (as well as a thorough qualification/testing)
Eckhardt
Thank you, Eckhardt.
You reply is helpful to understand what I'm doing.
I will consider your recommendation for next step.
Best Regards, Min Song
and as I mentioned in a different channel - it may be easier at the beginning to create individual DC Sheets (each for a single Safety Goal) instead of getting lost in the complexities of a single Sheet with individual evaluation.
Hi Eckhardt,
When working with the Individual Metrics option, how are different (already defined) Safety Goals added to the DC Worksheet by scripting?
Thanks,
Lucas
Hi Lucas,
you would just use the following operation on a DC Failure Mode:
To access the goals and variants associated with a DC Worksheet you can use
And then iterate of these arrays.
I hope this helps,
Thanks for the response. However I think the initial code is to include the FM under a SG evaluation, I intended to ask about addition of SG into a DC when creating it by scripting.
that should also be easy:
If DCSheet is referencing to a diagnostic coverage worksheet just use DCSheet.safetyGoal.add(goalCopy)
Happy scripting
Thanks Eckhardt for your soon response, it worked!