Currently when creating a system model with part types, we use the Import->Elements from Excel/CSV... function, where the connection is created if a library already exists in the project and the user chooses to connect it in the dialog. This works fine, until the library is corrupted, or if the library is imported after the model elements were imported. In these cases a quick assignment of types to the model elements does not seem to be possible at the moment.
I propose a new function for element libraries, regarding their connection to system model elements. This function should basically allow the user to assign types to the elements of a model, after the model was created and imported through a .csv-file (as opposed to the connection at the Import->Elements from Excel/CSV...).
I believe this function would provide additional flexibility to the user and it would be relatively easy to implement, as the matching of the types and elements could be done via the Part Number attribute, as it is done at the import.
I would also be happy with a script, that did this, although i'd rather base this on the presumably existing code for the Import->Elements from Excel/CSV... , which is why i'm posting this topic.
I'd be happy, if anyone could help out with this.