In medini there is no native method to set several attributes of elements (of same class) simultaneously. E.g. if I want to set the status of several (or even all) requirements to "agreed" in one click, this is not possible, because as soon as I mark several elements together, there is no more properties dialog shown. I did put this on the feature request list quite some time ago, but in the meantime as I'm waiting for this features this is still worth a script as a workaround in my opinion, as this use case occurs frequently to me.
If I had to do such a script, I'd do it in two variants:
a) if n objects of same type are selected (e.g. 5 requirements), a dialog box would pop up:
Set attribute
[Text Field]
to value
[Text Field]
for all selected elements
b) if one or more models or packages are selected (e.g. a requirements model) or the whole project, a dialog box would pop up:
For all
[Picklist]
in current selection set attribute
[Text Field]
to value
[Text Field]
From the picklist you can select form a choice of supported types, e.g. requirement, failure mode etc.
Some details would have to be discussed, e.g. what happens if the setting process fails for some, but not all of the objects.
But before I start, I would guess that other people had the same task before, and perhaps there exists already a similar script. Am I right?
Best regards
Bernhard