Hello,
I would like to know how i can start doing scripting in Medini Tool. Please guide me how i can start working on scripts in medini
As a start I propose to have a look at the Scripting Guide in the tool help.
So use Help --> Help Content --> medini™ analyze Scripting and API Documentation
Thanks Jan for the intial guide for scripting. I am looking to develop a script to automatically map the variables like dissapated power, etcc when we are updating or importing the BOM.
Can you please suggest me where i can i start.It will be great help.
thanks and regards
Ratan
There are a few articles in this forum like https://medini.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/1000094561 or https://medini.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/1000086429.
Maybe you start with those.
Happy Scripting
Jan
Hello Jan,
Thanks for the articles. it really helped me to understand. I am facing a dificulty to read an excel/csv file. As i am trying to read a particular cell value from the file by reading the all the cells as an array by using .readAs ArrayBuffer. I am getting an error. Do you siggest any way to read a particular cell info from the csv file.
Thanks and Regards
Hi Ratan,
please post your snippet here so I can have a look. I am not immediately aware of a method readAsArrayBuffer so I need to understand what you are trying and which place.
Thanks for your reply, I mean like using fileReader.read(char [] array) to read the values from the csv file. I am attaching the snippet of this as i am finding that that char declaration is also popping the error. Can you please guide me on this
is it really an Excel file you want to read? In that case I suggest to do it as in the examples, they use the excel.js scipt library to read data from an Excel, you simply cannot just open an Excel file binary.
If its a text file and you want to read it as you tried in your example, I suggest to check some Java examples, as what you do is to use the Java API to read the file and you cannot mix it with JS as you like.
For example at Geeksforgeeks.org.