As you know there are two areas where scripts come into play. One is the provision execution of kind of "batch" scripts performing automation tasks or doing whatever the script developer wants to do. That area we talk about the most in this forum.
However, scripts also are heavily used in "derived attributes" in what we call "profiles" so basically attributes or columns that are computed based on the state of the objector the complete model or project. The scripting there is a bit less convenient and editing resp. testing and running scripts a bit cumbersome.
Fortunately the Java Script engine supports a builtin eval() function which gives us the opportunity to retrieve a script from whatever source we want, also from another string attribute of the same object! And that's what I basically implemented in a sample project named "Scripting Helper" that I will attach to this topic. Inside I prepare for a number of key types two attributes, one named "Script" as an editable field, another "Script Result" which takes the "Script" as input and evaluates it as Java Script.

As a result the script developer is able to quickly type some script code into the script field and check the result without opening any profile settings.
Hope this small project supports you in your scripting work. If it does, please leave some feedback and I will enhance the project to all types medini supports.
Happy Scripting
Jan