Hi All,
Is it possible to script in additional / customized properties for elements. Doing this manually, the customize button directs you to profiling, in this case would this be a profiling script attribute - if possible that is?
Thanks!
Tony
Hi Tony,
yes, its possible to script an additional, what we call "derived attribute". Derived because the attribute has no state but is always computed using your script. You can use OCL or Java Script as the script language.
Ah, reading your question again... maybe I got it wrong: do you want to write a script that actualyl *creates* profile attributes?
Regards Jan
Hi Jan,
The latter portion is correct, we would like to be able to or at least have the option to write a script that creates profile attributes and then populates them; we don't have a specific application, yet, but I am sure as we get more and more people into the tool it will become needed.
Thanks,
Hi Anthony,
this part of the tool cannot be scripted at the moment. Reason is probably that the scripting happens at model level while profiling is done at "metamodel" level. I am not saying that we may add support here in the future that currently we have no plans to do so. Well, never say never....
Would be interesting to see what you really would create here. Typically changes to the profiling (aka metamodel) are made seldom to reflect a process or different activities.
Happy Scripting
Jan
Thank you for letting me know and please do keep this in mind for the future.
Once last question, I have played with profiling enough to be dangerous in templates but haven't played around much for these attributes. Does the profiling work similar? I.e when one profiling setting gets applied, it is applied to all metamodel objects in a similar way? For example, if I were to add a text field for a part number, for example (this would not happen but something like this will) would an empty text field be applied to all elements?
Thank you! Happy Holidays!
Well, not sure I got it. If you add a new test attribute to lets say "Requirement", then *all* instances of "Requirement" get this attribute, existing one and new one. But neither goals nor system elements.
There is no common base metaclass to define an attribute for all elements in your project in one step.