Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
DIagram action shortucts
medini_1063548292
Hi, I have been searching if some of the medini specific diagram actions are available for configuration eclipse preference->keys or just in any available Tool sub-menu as suggested by (Keyboard-shortcut-to-arrange-all-diagram-elements In particular: Delete from Diagram (only DELETE -=> Delete from model) Restore sub-tree ( no shortcut, no Tool menu entry Arrange sub-tree (no shortcut, no Tool menu entry Is there a way how to add this to the (Preference > General > Keys) cofig or menu config , or tool extension is the only option here? I can imagine the Delete form diagram to be added to a Edit Tool menu or shortcut I also can imagine the Arrange /Restore sub-tree to be part of Diagram tool menu Of course small complication that sub-tree realtd thingies are exclusive for FTA diagrams only Any suggestions/improvements are appreciated. Thanks, Marian
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
All comments
medini_1024169437
Marian, I am confused a bit, is this *only* about defining own keyboard shortcuts for seelcted actions? The DELETE key for example should remove elements from diagram while CTRL-D deletes them from model. For the others: IMHO key binding is possible if you know the command id. If there is no command, no binding. Problem I think is that the diagram editor is implemented using GFM and GMF is using eclipse a bit different and also does key binding itself. Jan
medini_1063548292
Hi Jan, the DELETE issued on object on diagram indeed deletes it only form diagram . There is a little catch to it .. This works for Sysml,Requirements,Activity diagram The problem is that the DELETE key issued on object on a FTA diagram/CFT diagram ( they should have same editor ID). Reliability Model, Attack Tree is performing the delete from mode! Marian
medini_1024169437
Indeed, thats true and I think we changed that recently because many FTA users were not used to separate between "exists in model" and "exists in model and diagram" so the wish wa sthere to at leadt for FTA always delete elements from model :-) Jan
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of