Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
Filter with regex AND
medini_1005899080
Hi, In the Situation matrix I want to filter e.g. for "E4" AND "Any location". how can I do this? The "or" is working: E4 | any lacoation Sven
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
medini_1059007410
Hi Sven, Since 2022 R2 the following is possible (from New & Noteworthy): Column Filtering The column text filter was extended to support AND (&) expressions besides OR (|) and combinations of both of them. Does "&" work for you? Regards, Nils
All comments
medini_1059007410
Hi Sven, Since 2022 R2 the following is possible (from New & Noteworthy): Column Filtering The column text filter was extended to support AND (&) expressions besides OR (|) and combinations of both of them. Does "&" work for you? Regards, Nils
medini_1005899080
Hi Nils, I tried this: regex: (E4)&(any) and this: E4&general driving Last one seems to work. (last time my colleague tried it didn't work) Thanks Sven
medini_1024169437
Sven, there is no real AND in regular expressions. You may achieve something with "look ahead" like: regex:(?=E4).*(?=any) but then the "any" really must be after the E4, not anywhere. Jan
medini_1005899080
Hi Jan, thanks for the hint. It works with the even simpler version "E4&general driving" Sven
medini_1063548292
Hi Folks, I have recently accidentally stumbled onto
similar problem. Goal was to filter on fields that contained all words (
EMC, RMA, open)in any order I played a bit with look ahead and came to
working solution: regex:(?=.*\bEMC\b)(?=.*\bRMA\b)(?=.*\bopen\b) The \b is there to match only on real words and skip partial character match like in RMA EMC bottle opener. It also works on a case where you want to find all the records that does not contain pattern1&pattern2&..patternN !regex:(?=.*\bEMC\b)(?=.*\bRMA\b)(?=.*\bopen\b) Happy matching, Marian
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of