Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
Customize Cause/Effect net
medini_1061560014
Hello, By the use of the tool, if the analysis is splitted in many sublevel, could be helpful to customize the failure net visualization e.g. Hide Hardware parts (not useful for FMEA) or Hide characteristics which are not useful for FMEDA. Moreove could be helpful to customize how many connection level shows. In my case I'm not always interested of see the whoole failure net. Is there any possible customization to perform or does anybody has a tip on this? thanks
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
All comments
medini_1059007410
Hi Simone, I think there is no general configuration available, but you may use the following two tips: On a Cause/Effect net, you can right-click an element and hide (or show again) its effects - with this you can simplify the diagram for focus. You can use the Outline view to keep an overview of larger diagrams: See also the help on details on both of these topics: Ansys medini™ analyze User Guide > Safety Analysis > Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA) > Executing the FMEA > Working with the failure net Does that help you already? Regards, Nils
medini_1061560014
Thanks Nils, The hide option and outline are really helpful to navigate and manage the failure net, unfortunately to hide all connections with failure modes of the component (randomic ones like short, open, etc..) which are useful for FMEDA but not for FMEA; as I've understood from your example, shall be hidden one by one and it takes too long. Thanks for the answer, it fixes part of my problem. Best regards
medini_1059007410
Hi Simone, I'm not sure that I understand the use case of hiding certain types. Wouldn't a cause/effect net without any components' failure modes be very empty? Could you please give us a better description of your use case, best with a screenshot of a failure net (complete / manually collapsed - or what should not be visible somehow marked)? Thanks Nils
medini_1061560014
Hello Nils, Yes for sure below I've attached one example of failure net in my use case. Unfortunately I had to blur any sensitive content but what I mean is: For DFMEA I'm interested only in design characteristics failure so the ones in the Red square, otherwise for FMEDA I'm interested in randomic components failure which are the ones in Blue square. This is necessary of course only if you share the same failure net between the twoo analysis but, I think it should be a common situation to have few characteristic failures with respect to component ones since every small focus element tries to group several circuit parts. In the case under analysis a voltage regulator could implies several capacitors, maybe few resistance and a regulator each one with a short, open,... failure mode which could be around 10 - 12 failure connections. in a point of view of summarizing characteristics for the block they could be: "Dropout", "Max Current", "Max Capacitance" and "Max ripple" which could drive to 4 failure connections or even few more, so having the two networks visible all togheter could be tricky to identify the interesetd perimeter. Maybe could be a future improvement? or there is another manner to manage this kind of jobs?
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of