Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
integration problem with DNG
medini_1050725730
Hi medini experts: 1. My customer encounter integration problem with DNG, They can not use same mapping file for different requirement model. when they export requirement model to DNG successfully and use same mapping file to exprot a different requirement mode, It hint impossible to creat new requiremnt, please verify the "kind" mapping. Is there any way to solve this problem? 2. can medini map "subrequirement" relation to DNG, they try to use "subRequirements" relation but it hint illegal character.
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
All comments
medini_1023909254
Hi Qinyang, unfortunately your screenshot does not show in the forum ... can you try to add it once more? Eckhardt
medini_1050725730
Hi Eckhardt: I added it again and also attached mapping file. Thank you!
medini_1024169437
Hi Qingyang, the message "Error when loading types" is already strange. It indicates that medini was not able to retrieve the type system which is required to actually map. So that might be the reason for the problem, but I wonder how that may have worked for the other model. So I is there any significant difference in the module URLs used for the 2 exports for example? Jan
medini_1050725730
Hi Jan: The module URLs are different, they use different module URLs to manage different requirement type(FSR, TSR)
medini_1024169437
Hi Qingyang, so first of all, "sub-requirements" cannot be mapped by the user, medini has its fixed sub-requirements relation but DNG has as well and this is internally mapped always the same way. So if you have trouble here, please post some details on the trouble, e.g. is the hierarchy of medini not replicated in DNG or vice versa? I also double checked the second case: that may occur if a requirement has *no* resource shape which is strange too. Note that the default mapping intentionally maps the InstanceShape (the error is misleading, InstanceShape on DNG side must be mapped, not Kind but be default we map it to Kind.
medini_1050725730
Hi Jan: About "Subrequirement" problem, when they export requirement to DNG, the hierarchical relationship in medini can not shown in DNG, all requirement will put in the same hierarchy. For the second case, I will add InstanceShape mapping relationship in mapping file and test it again, I will feedback result to you later.
medini_1050725730
Hi Jan Below picture is screenshot in DNG, About "subrequirement" problem, when they export requirment to DNG, the hierarchy option (triangle symbol) will put in the column "内容", however, the customer want to put hierarchy option in the second column "名称" , is there any way to solve it ? In addition, for another problem, It is solved, when I map "instanceShap" attribute in mapping file.Thanks for your help. Best Regards.
medini_1024169437
Sorry for the delay... Could you translate please the two columns? Google says "Content" and "Name"? Could you show how that three reqs are arranged in medini? Jan
medini_1062492971
Hello ANSYS team, I have a problem with mapping of attributes from Doors NG to Medini Analyze, the import works fine without errors but I don't find the attributes on Medini I have the warnings stating that Medini failed to convert the attribute from DNG to Medini as shown in the screen below Thank you for your help,
medini_1023909254
Hi Nassima, you reopened a 3 year old thread ;-) ... actually we would need more details. Can you please Contact Support from the medini Help menu (and also include the mapping file in the message)? Eckhardt
medini_1024169437
One addition: the message "Failed to convert..." unfortunately does not reveal the root cause, so we can just guess, maybe really the two attributes are not compatible? But strange for "Description". One thought: there is an action (shown as hyperlink) like "Log status to error log and console" on the final page with the result. Could you please hit this before sending any log? Even better, could you (once done) open the error log and search for the entry with "Failed to convert..." and open it with double click? I expect some more details (actually a stack trace) in the details of that entry. Please post it here if applicable. Regards Jan
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of