Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
Priority AND-Gate
medini_1005899080
Hi Together, I want to model a FT, where I have a priority fault. Normally I would model with an AND gate, that a System A AND B has to fail, but in my case System A has to fail first, only then it is getting dangerous. how can I model this in the FTA? In FT+ there is a "priority AND Gate" available. Sven
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
All comments
medini_1059007410
Hi Sven, You can use the approach of a Required Order Factor (ROF - that's the term used in ARP4761 for Aero Safety Analysis): The factor below the AND gate has a fixed probability of 0.5 (for 1 out of 2 variants). It will show up in the cut sets (could be filtered out for special calculations, as in the VTOL example), but the probability is rightly scaled. I hope that helps. Regards, Nils
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of