Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
Manage different requirement mapping files for IBM Rational DOORS
medini_1061560014
Good afternoon, I know there are already similar topics but, unfortunately, I wasn't able to manage if the information fits even my condition. I'm trying to map to Medini requirements different DOORS template. E.g. Quality requirements, don't have an ASIL filed. Currently I have modified manually the XML before importing each module but, is it possible to associate an import XML mapping file to each path on DOORS? so any module could be update without additional effort. Otherwise, is it possible to create an XML mapping file with optional fields? Thanks for the support, best regards
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
medini_1023909254
Hi Simone, yes, you are right - for DoorsClassic the change in the synch settings is not supported. A connection between the Requirements Model and the mapping file is made on the initial import (where you can select the right mapping file) - later on always this mapping file will be used. The mapping files are stored for DoorsClassic in the folder config/doors In the properties view in the Info tab you can see, which Mapping file is connected with an imported Requirements model: Eckhardt
All comments
medini_1023909254
Hello Simone, you can store more than one Mapping File in your project - they would all be stored in the folder config/doorsng: When you trigger an Import (or a Pull/Push) you just mark that you want to change the synch-settings: and afterwards you will get a dialog to select the mapping file. Note: The Name/description shown in the dialog is derived from the mapping file content, not from the file name: Does that fulfill your needs? Eckhardt
medini_1061560014
Good morning Eckhardt, Yes this is a really helpful indication. Unfortunately i can not find ot the "change synchronization settings..." checkbox It could be because the packages are Doors instead of doors NG. moreover now I'm having some issues in synchronization with every module but for this i should investigate better if I've done something wrong Best regards
medini_1023909254
Hi Simone, yes, you are right - for DoorsClassic the change in the synch settings is not supported. A connection between the Requirements Model and the mapping file is made on the initial import (where you can select the right mapping file) - later on always this mapping file will be used. The mapping files are stored for DoorsClassic in the folder config/doors In the properties view in the Info tab you can see, which Mapping file is connected with an imported Requirements model: Eckhardt
medini_1061560014
I have tested with three templates related to three different DOORS module which hve different templates between each other, and once associated for each the proper mapping I've performed an update. Everything works perfectly now. Many thanks
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of