Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
Shortcuts to add a row in a list view
medini_1063298071
One can use arrow keys, tab, and enter to move around the rows and columns in a list view. This speeds up data entry. However, I've not yet found a hotkey to add a new row (button looks like a green plus symbol). Is there one? (If not, can there be?)
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
All comments
medini_1024169437
Hi Erik, there indeed is none, but there could be one, any suggestion/hint/idea? Ctrl-+? Jan
medini_1063298071
Hi Jan, At a minimum a hotkey for "add" would be most useful, but while we are discussing, hotkeys for all of the actions on that view (except import) would be nice to have. But I'd be happy with at least a binding for new. Looking at the existing key bindings, Ctrl-= is already bound (and '='
is on same key as '+'). So while it matches the icon, would it need to
be Ctrl-Shift-+? Also, a personal preference is to stick to keys closer
in to the resting position of ones hands. How about Ctrl-N for 'add' Ctrl-Shift-N for 'add after' Ctrl-D for 'duplicate' Ctrl-R for 'remove' Ctrl-Up for move row(s) up Ctrl-Shift-Up for move row(s) to top Ctrl-Down for move rows(s) down Ctrl-Shift-Down for move row(s) to bottom Just to check, I didn't see a place in Preferences->General->Keys where I could bind to these commands myself, so I'm assuming this will require a product update? Thanks, Erik
medini_1024169437
Awesome, thanks Erik. You are right about the shortcuts, the table commands are currently not visible in the key preferences (different mechanism) but should be in the future to define shortcuts. Jan
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of