Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
Pure::variant within Medini
medini_1055811001
Dear all, I heard that it was possible to use pure::variant tool (provided by pure-systems GmbH) within Medini. But I can't find any information about the way to proceed ... Would you have a procedure for such a configuration and use ? Thanks in advance
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
medini_1024169437
Hi Thibaut, yes, there is an integration with pure variants (incubation status). This integration is available as a separate extension package (that includes the pure variant part as well). Its available for 19.x and 20.x. You can find a download on the public support page (navigate from the Help menu to the Welcome page and from there to the "online support page") or go directly to medini.ansys.com and follow "Load Extensions" Note that a separate pure license is of course required. Regards Jan
All comments
medini_1024169437
Hi Thibaut, yes, there is an integration with pure variants (incubation status). This integration is available as a separate extension package (that includes the pure variant part as well). Its available for 19.x and 20.x. You can find a download on the public support page (navigate from the Help menu to the Welcome page and from there to the "online support page") or go directly to medini.ansys.com and follow "Load Extensions" Note that a separate pure license is of course required. Regards Jan
medini_1055811001
Thanks Jan for your quick feedback! I was able to find the download release, but not the Techincal documentation about how to install and use it (mentionned as part as the "Technical documents section" of the site) .. Where can I find such a document ? Regards
medini_1024169437
Hm, true, I wonder where that went. Find attached an older version of the document, which might be true for 19.x but surely not for 20.x. For 20.x see the installation details of other extensions like BIRT, you have to manipulate some files to get it running. Regards Jan
medini_1055811001
Thanks Jan, I've been able to install it. Regards
medini_1024169437
Very good, glad to hear that. We are currently upgrading the extensions for 21.1 and the extension documentation + install guide. Too late for you anyway, but maybe worth to check later. Happy Scripting Jan
medini_1024169437
Just to add that for 21.1 we are currently moving to pure variants 5.0.3 (maybe 5.0.4) Jan
medini_1005899080
Hi Jan, we are (still) using 4.0. How can I integrate this into medini 2021 R1.1? Just copying into "dropin" does not work. Sven
medini_1024169437
Hi Sven, the official package for PV 4.0 is for 20.1 only. But it *may* work. Have you checked the Extension document? There is a difference between 21.1.0 and 21.1.1 (!) Jan
medini_1005899080
Hi Jan, the extension was installed sucessfully. I've also looked at the description how to use it, but I struggle how to import an existing Variant Project (Model) into a medini project, to link artefacts. Is there a description? Sven
medini_1024169437
Hi Sven, is it just a model or a full eclipse variant project? Then later you can achieve by using File --> Import -> Existing project into Workspace The first by dragging & dropping (aka copying) the feature model file into the project (in navigator view) Jan
medini_1005899080
Hi Jan, now I am able to copy the model into medini, but I cannot create a mapping to artefacts. Sven
medini_1024169437
I think you can create one directly in the mapping sleection dialog: or create a family model using the pure variants project directly. Jan
medini_1005899080
I cannot create a new mapping file in my medini project. The only option that I have is to create a mapping model in my PureVariants Project. not in my medini projects. (DADriving is an imported pureVariants model, but I have several other medini projects in my model browser)
medini_1024169437
So you want to mix medini and pure varainst stuff in a single project? I usually dont do that but keep things separated. I think you can / have to add the "Consul Nature" (Consul = old name of pure variants) to the project, use the navigator to open the project properties:
medini_1005899080
No, I do not want to mix, but up to now I thought this is the only option. I cannot find the "Project Natures" in medini.
medini_1024169437
The nature is a hidden gem, you find it only in the project properties in *Navigator; not browser:
medini_1024169437
Anyway, I suggest to *not* mix things in one project, kits not required anymore so you can keep variant project and medini project separated. Jan
medini_1063769482
Hi Jan, i am trying to install the plug-in in Medini 2022 version, but i could not succeed. just to be sure that i am using all latest version of the installation guide, plug-in package and so, could you please add the important refernce to it in a post here? here below the Medini and PV version i am using: PV 5.0.5 medini analyze 2022 R1
medini_1024169437
Hi Francesco, you will find the extension on our online support page. Simplest way is to use Help --> Online Support Page and then navigate to "Load Extensions". If you use 2022, you have to use the extensions for v21 R2 and install them via "Help --> Install Software". Jan
medini_1063769482
thanks! i have managed to do it!
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of