Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
Deleting items from project issue
medini_1050701002
Hello, There is something weird happening when deleting things from a project, let me give two examples : We have a big project with a lot of things in it and we deleted for example all the FTAs, when we export the project into .mprx it exports a bunch of FTA things that should not be there anymore (it is not shown in the browser, just in the exporting dialog box). We took a big project a deleted everything except a few libraries and merge/compare it with an empty project that we use for template purposes and the comparison takes a lot of RAM and a lot of time as if it was the big project before deleting everything. Any ideas what could cause this and what we could do to solve the problem ? Have a nice day, Adrien
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
medini_1024169437
Gerard, its indeed an issue you found there. Removing the package with all FTA models inside leaves stale files behind. Removing the FTA models does *not* have this issue, so recommended way until we have that fixed is to delete multiple FTA models before deleting the package. I'm sorry to tell. Thanks for finding and reporting this nasty issue Jan
All comments
medini_1024169437
Adrien, for the first question: what is appearing in teh dialog box and which dialog box do you refer to? Can you give an example? Do you mean "FTA files inside the MPRX"? Jan
medini_1050701002
Hello Jan, What I meant was this dialog box : In this example, the project does not even have cutsets in it (I deleted them). I think it's related to unreferenced ressources, I have a lot of them in my project (900+). If the merge/compare operation is looping on the ressources that may explain why cleaning a project does not decrease the time/memory for the operation that much.
medini_1024169437
Gerard, I understand. How did you delete those cut-sets, via a script? Then we may have an issue here. or manually? Then we have an issue too :-) Have you run a sanity check on the project? It may (should?) reveal such issues, "files which are in the project but not linked from the internal model tree". Regards Jan
medini_1050701002
We deleted things manually. The sanity check does not report any errors or warnings ("0 items"). What would be the recommanded way to delete things from a project?
medini_1024169437
Hi Gerard, I can confirm that this kind of problem (stale files in the project) are not detected by the sanity checker, my fault. But I also can confirm that the deletion should work normally and without any problem. Manually deleting a saved cut-set model is of course the right way and works at my end as expected, also undo/redo and stuff handles the file part correctly. So i wonder what else may cause these stale files ... are you using any CMS like SVN or similar? Jan
medini_1050701002
We're not using any CMS. The only thing we have are shared network drives (we only have a small local drive), we know this isn't recommended but we don't have the choice per company policy. I think we excluded this as a cause of the problems because we also observed this behavior by testing on the local drives. Maybe the way we delete things is problematic : we have organised our packages in the medini project and delete whole packages (in this order : FMEA package => FTA package => Model elements).
medini_1024169437
Ah, interesting hint, I will check. Jan
medini_1024169437
Gerard, its indeed an issue you found there. Removing the package with all FTA models inside leaves stale files behind. Removing the FTA models does *not* have this issue, so recommended way until we have that fixed is to delete multiple FTA models before deleting the package. I'm sorry to tell. Thanks for finding and reporting this nasty issue Jan
medini_1050701002
Thanks for the info! Do you have any ideas how to fix the projects that already have stale files (we want to avoid redoing this process for the 50+ projects we already cleaned) ?
medini_1024169437
Well, a script could of course do the job. It has to search all files in the fta folder, then iterate over all existing FTA and cutset models in the project and exclude those which are still required and delete the rest. Do you think you can do that Gerard? I still wonder why the sanity checker does not find this issue, I will look into that. Jan
medini_1024169437
Update: We have fixed the issue and it will go into next major release 22.2
medini_1040289819
Update: medini analyze 2022 R2 was recently released.
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of