Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
CutSet update generation
medini_1053080245
Hello, I have generated and saved lot of CutSet analysis for several FTA. But i do not understand why I cannot update it all along the project/FTA updates? Any advise?
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
All comments
medini_1024169437
Romain, what exactly do you mean with "update"? You want to overwrite the saved cut set model? Jan
medini_1053080245
Hello, Yes I have saved for all my FTA, one or several cut-set models. How can I re-generate (update) them while FTA has been updated?
medini_1059007410
Romain, I'm not aware of such a feature in the GUI, but if you are open for scripting, you could trigger the "Evaluate" fault tree method from inside a script, for all top events. See here (towards the end for an updated script). If you don't have properties manually filled in your cut-set models, then it's probably easier to just generate new ones than updating (i.e. exactly replacing) the existing ones. You could modify the script to only have one latest model saved each. Is that an approach, which helps you? Regards, Nils
medini_1023909254
Hello Romain, the stored cutsets are never automatically overwritten due to the following reasons: They serve as some kind of history where you can see how cutsets & probability data changed after some rework of the FTA As they refer to a previous version of the tree, they may always refer also to events which do not exist anymore in the current version of the tree and on the other side do not contain events which did not exist in the previous version but do exist in the current version They may have used different settings for the cutset calculation - i.e. life time, size of cutsets, probability cut-off and other options you set when triggering the cutset calculation. The recommendation is two give each stored cutset a significant name (e.g. including date&purpose of the calculation) and to remove manually cutsets which are outdated or not of any use anymore. Best regards, Eckhardt
medini_1053080245
So, I do not understand what is the right process/way to do for my FTA report. I want to generate with my own report (Birt) a FTA report (composed by all the FTA) with the associated cut sets. Since FTA are updated regularly, how am i suppose to proceed to have that? Thx
medini_1024169437
Romain, this is somehow mixing "report generation for multiple FTA including their cut sets" and "automatically update cut-set models", isn't it? The report currently can only access the saved data from the project as they are at the time of the report generation. I think there is a discussion in the scripting forum that tackles the need to automatically calculate fault trees and store their cut-sets by a batch script. However, that is not related to reporting, so still 2 separate steps. Jan
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of