Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
FMEA display / Merging cells
medini_1053080245
Hello, I am currently using the native template for FMEA safety analysis. I was wondering why the FMEA table is displayed as follow: Display is confusing as we think that the failure effect "HZ1" is only for the first failure cause of the MF203 (which is not the case) Why? I was expecting to have "HZ1"all along the MF203. When I double click on the blank cells of the failure effects column, "HZ1" is correctly associated to MF203. At the beginning I though it was only a "MEDINI display" but the generated Excel table has the same issue and confirm this disturbing display... In case of multiple failure effects, the display is worst, as we have the same issue described above AND every failure effect seperated with a full horizontal line. Why? Display here is again confusing. I was expecting something more equivalent to what is displayed for measures (see images). Partial horizontal lines between all failure effects that are related to a same malfunction. I know I am using a default template but I think i am not the only one to face these confusing displays for FMEA activities. Thx for your help.
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
All comments
medini_1024169437
Hi Romain, as far as I know, both, the cause and the effect columns are related to the original failure and spanned as such. The problem might be, that both are "split" into linked failures + an empty cell to link more failures. So especially if there is a high number of causes and a low number of effects (or vice versa), the effect becomes obvious because the first effect is in the "same" row as the first cause but the rest of the failure cell is spanned by the "empty" one. For failures the sheet uses a real complete cell which is arranged with other cells in a row while for the measures it just *one* cell that is separated by horizontal bars. I know that does not solve any problem but maybe explains it. Jan
medini_1053080245
Thx. Indeed it does not solve my issue...
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of