Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
Compare & Merge: ignore properties
medini_1060108009
Hi, I would like to know whether it is possible when compare and merging to ignore certain properties. I see that in the "Preferences" we can ignore diagram, table layout, external documents and links, but is there a way to tailor it to ignore properties? Secondly, after merging, is there a way to flag up all the contents that have been modified? Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
All comments
medini_1023909254
Hello Maisy, both points are currently not supported. However, in case you use the button "Merge all Changes", a log of all modifications done during the merge will be created and can be stored as a log file in the project or be used as a commit-comment when using a version management system (e.g. svn or GIT) Eckhardt
medini_1060108009
Hi Eckardt, Thanks for your reply. Your suggestion could be quite helpful, but there are quite a few properties that we want to keep when merging and reverting them could be quite error prone. Would this be possible via scripting? If so, are there any relevant examples? Thanks!
medini_1023909254
Hi Maisy, sorry again, but this is not supported by scripting. Eckhardt
medini_1060108009
Ok thanks for the information. I'm struggling to find the log of all modifications changed when I use "Merge all Changes". Would you be able to guide me a little here? Thanks
medini_1060108009
Additionally, is it possible via scripting to access variables that are in another project? I am thinking of writing a script to compare the same table that are in two different projects and would like to know whether it would be possible. Thanks.
medini_1024169437
Maisy, there should be a dialog coming up during that merge operation and the last page shows all the merged and changed attributes. The script questions I propose to post again in the scripting forum. In short: yes, you can access other projects (read-only) but yes, you can also script the compare tree, no need to compare yourself. But lets move that scritping related topic. Happy Scripting Jan
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of