Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
Display contribution relationship in dependency view
medini_1050725730
Hi Jan: Is there any way to display the "contribution" relationship in dependency view? Many customers want to dispaly the Top-Down relationship from FSR to HSR/SSR, but I didn't find this option in dependency view.
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
medini_1024169437
Hello Qingyang, I think that at the moment there isn't such a way. Main reason is that contributions are already visualized in the graphical notation of the requirements editor, the dependency view mainly visualized additional "related elements" relations but not the pure contribution relation, I'm sorry. Any reason, the requirements diagram is not the solution? In principle it shows the requirements breakdown. Greetings Jan
All comments
medini_1024169437
Hello Qingyang, I think that at the moment there isn't such a way. Main reason is that contributions are already visualized in the graphical notation of the requirements editor, the dependency view mainly visualized additional "related elements" relations but not the pure contribution relation, I'm sorry. Any reason, the requirements diagram is not the solution? In principle it shows the requirements breakdown. Greetings Jan
medini_1050725730
Hi Jan: Actually the customer think requirement diagram is not convenient for them to show this relationship, because the diagram often include whole requirment for each SG, when you just want to look the relation ship for only one requirment, It doesn't look intuitive enough. Best Regars.
medini_1024169437
Understood. Since the dependency viewer does not support this right now, I could think of several scripted solutions, maybe you can raise the same/similar question in the scripting forum :-) at least to have some intermediate solution. Just to note a few ideas I have: Use a script to fill an empty diagram with the graphical notation for just one diagram Use a script to export the graph in a separate format (e.g. .dot format as the dependency viewer) Highlight the path for the requirement in the diagram (using our heatmap feature) Jan
medini_1050725730
Hi Jan: Thanks for your suggestions, I will try it. Best Regards.
medini_1023909254
Hi Quinyang, it works btw in the opposite way: The Dependency viewer shows for each requirement the requirements it contributes to (and also any containment relations resulting from sub-requirements/decomposition). Moreover, for each requirement also all safety goals to which it is related are shown (independently whether there is a direct contribution or the contribution is done via a chain of sub-requirements & contributes relations): So if you start at the lowest level requirment, you could step by step see hwre it is conatined (i.e. subrequirement) and to which requirement in contributes. May be that helps already your customer. Eckhardt
medini_1050725730
Thank you Eckhardt!
medini_1024169437
Thanks Eckhardt indeed, Qingyang I think to accomplish it you need to customize the shown relationships: Jan
medini_1024169437
Btw. there is a hidden feature in the dependency viewer: you can drag & drop two(!) selected objects to the open viewer and it will try to find a path between those two. of course, only by using the configured relations. If there is no path, both objects are just put there without any connection. Jan
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of