Discussions
Categories
Groups
Documentation
Knowledge base
Developer portal
App catalog
The Hub
GitHub
Home
Newly Imported
User Forums
How it Works
Multiple Hazard analysis and project breakdown
medini_1053080245
Hello, Since our systems are composed by a master system (more or less a railway system) and subsystem(s) that, for some of them, are an automotive system, I would <?WORD FLAGGED?> to know what is the best way to manage my master system (and especially for the Hazard Analysis): (1) Can/Should I create multiple independ Hazard analysis in the same master project (one for the master system and for example an HARA kind for subsystems)? (2) Can/Should I create multiple project with different kind of template? And then how can I reference the master project to its subsystem's project (especially for traceability)? (3) No solution for now... For (1) or (2) I need to keep traceability and capability to reference hazard elements between those analysis. Thank you in advance for your help. Romain D.
Find more posts tagged with
medini
medini legacy
Accepted answers
All comments
medini_1024169437
Hello Romain, medini does not offer cross-project linkage, so if that is mandatory, you have to go for option 1. On the other hand, I read between the lines that you would need two different domains in one project right? So a mixed railway/automotive project? That's something which we are about to offer but not yet have, so you cannot have automotive HAR and an FHA in the same project with all features. Hope that helps you to make a decision Jan
medini_1053080245
Thank you for your answer. I will try implementing both hazard analysis in the same project but using different customized columns.
medini_1050701002
Hello, We've eperienced something quite similar where I work (basically how to deal with a system/subsystem split). What we've done which works really well is to have a Master project (which contains the system) and one projet per subsystem which are derived directly from the Master project (derived and cleaned of information not related to the subsystem). Once in a while we merge everything from the subsystems projects (analyses, models, requirements) back to the system project. From what we've tested, we can create each subsystem project in a different domain (by merging the whole system project) and then merging into the system project will not cause any issues - except you cannot reliably modify the subsystem analyses in the system project. This is not a problem for us as we decided to never modify subsystem information in the system project. I don't know if that can help you, Adrien
medini_1024169437
Thanks Adrien for sharing your thoughts. Jan
Quick Links
All Categories
Recent Posts
Activity
Unanswered
Groups
Help
Best Of